Blushing Apricot Valentine's Chicken & Vegetables
Dinner on Valentine's Day is a long-standing tradition among couples everywhere. For one day a year, we dote on those that we love most, and we show them our appreciation for everything they do throughout the rest of the year to make our lives better and brighter. Sometimes, that means going to the extra effort of cooking for one another instead of going out -- and we've got the perfect twist on a classic for your next date night in!
This dish is made in a slow cooker, which makes it perfect for a weeknight meal that seems like it should have taken more time and effort than it really did. Look at it this way: the less time you have to spend worrying about making a fantastic dinner for two, the more time you have to enjoy it with your loved one!
This recipe was inspired by and adapted from The Olive Oil & Vinegar Lover's Cookbook by Emily Lycopolus, which we carry in store. Its recipes are separated by flavor and product, so it's easy to find inspiration based on the flavors you have at home!
1 lb. baby potatoes, scrubbed and halved (any variety)
1 lb. rainbow baby carrots, peeled and trimmed
1 medium yellow onion, roughly chopped into 2-inch pieces
2 Tbsp. Honey
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup Blushing Apricot White Balsamic Vinegar
Salt & pepper, to taste
2 Tbsp. basil, dried or fresh
1. Place the potatoes and carrots in a slow-cooker bowl. Drizzle with honey.
2. Place the chicken breasts on top and drizzle with Blushing Apricot White Balsamic Vinegar.
3. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then top with onion.
4. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside.
5. Carefully arrange cooked ingredients on a serving plate, drizzle with juices from the slow cooker, and serve, garnished with basil if desired.