Cherry Balsamic Barbecue Sauce
2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Blood Orange, Chipotle, Eureka Lemon, Garlic, Persian Lime, or Wild Rosemary)
1 sweet yellow onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 c. dark sweet cherries
1 c. ketchup
⅔ c. brown sugar
⅓ c. Balsamic Vinegar (Black Cherry, Dark Chocolate, Espresso, Pomegranate, Tangerine, Traditional, or Vanilla)
1 Tbsp. Worchestershire sauce
2 tsp. ground mustard
½ tsp. black pepper
1. Remove stems and pits from cherries.
2. Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute about five minutes, add garlic, and saute another 1-2 minutes.
3. Stir in cherries, ketchup, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire, mustard, and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Transfer to a blender or food processor or use an immersion blender to combine until sauce is smooth.
5. Simmer an additional 10 minutes.
Recipe adapted from The Stay At Home Chef.
- Olive Oils
- Gift Sets
- Specialty Items