Citrus Grilled Shrimp with Grilled Pineapple and Mango Salsa
When we shared these recipes with the guests at our Grillin' & Chillin' event last month, the excitement level spiked. Most of us had a summer full of burgers and brats, and we were ready to learn new tricks to take home for the rest of grilling season. We enjoyed sharing it together, remarked about how refreshing, flavorful, and light the dishes were, and finally settled in to learn how Chef Dakota Willson had worked his magic for us.
Before we get down to details, here are a couple of tips for beginners that we learned from him that evening:
- If you're planning to use wooden skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes to prevent them from charring and breaking apart on the grill.
- Make sure you clean, peel, and de-vein your raw shrimp before grilling.
- To keep shrimp from spinning on their skewers, pierce them once behind the tail and again through the thickest part of the body.
- To prevent overcooking, watch for the shrimp to curl up on themselves. They're ready when they're pink and the ends are touching.
Served alone or together, these dishes are sweet, simple, and chock full of summer flavors. Make more than you think you'll need, because you'll definitely run out of this bright, crowd-pleasing combination!
Citrus Grilled Shrimp Ingredients:
12 large raw
shrimp, peeled and deveined
3 c orange juice
¼ c Blood Orange Extra Virgin Olive Oil
¼ c Persian Lime Extra Virgin Olive Oil
¼ c Eureka Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tsp. each salt, pepper, garlic, ginger, and orange zest
- Mix orange juice and olive oils and marinate shrimp overnight.
- Just before grilling, remove shrimp from marinade and season with spice mixture.
- Place on skewers and grill until completely pink.
Grilled Pineapple Mango Salsa Ingredients:
1 pineapple, peeled and cut into slices
2 mangoes, peeled and diced
½ c red onion, chopped finely
½ c cilantro, chopped
1 c cherry tomatoes, halved
⅜ c Persian Lime Extra Virgin Olive Oil
¼ c Green Chili Extra Virgin Olive Oil (for a less spicy version, use Cilantro & Roasted Onion Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- Brush pineapple slices with Persian Lime Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Grill pineapple for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until heated through and grill marks appear.
- Remove pineapple from heat and set aside to cool, then dice.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine.
We hope you enjoy making and sharing these dishes with your family and friends. Make sure to post your finished dishes on Instagram or Facebook and tag us-- we'd love to see what you did!
- Olive Oils
- Gift Sets
- Specialty Items