Creamy Balsamic Summer Pasta Salad
Recipe and Image adapted from Veggie Inspired.
Pasta Salad Ingredients:
1 lb. cavatappi pasta (also known as cellentani)
1 yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise and sliced thinly
1 zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced thinly
1 c. grape tomatoes, halved
½ red onion, diced
8-10 fresh strawberries, halved
½ c. fresh parsley, chopped
Salt & pepper, to taste
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside to cool.
2. Add veggies, parsley, and strawberries into a large mixing bowl.
3. When pasta has cooled, add it to the vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
Creamy Balsamic Dressing Ingredients:
¼ c. raw cashews, soaked for 1-2 hours
1 garlic clove
3-4 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar (any dark balsamic will do)
½ tsp. Himalayan pink salt
¼-½ c. water, to thin out
1. Place all ingredients, starting with 3 Tbsp. balsamic and ¼ c. water, into a high-speed blender. Puree until smooth, adding more water to thin out until desired consistency is reached. Taste, add balsamic if necessary. The flavor should be strong to start, as adding it to the salad will dilute its flavor.
2. Pour creamy balsamic dressing over salad and toss to coat. Serve cold to room temperature.
- Olive Oils
- Gift Sets
- Specialty Items