Harvest Pumpkin Sage Soup
At our fall open house a few weeks ago, we had the pleasure of sharing several of our favorite autumn-inspired recipes. This soup was definitely a crowd pleaser! It's the perfect fall meal to share with family and friends before a hayride or a trip to the corn maze! It's filling and comforting, but not too heavy. It's incredibly easy to whip up, and the added flavor of homemade croutons and pumpkin seeds makes it an irresistible offering. They're a quick addition, but they really complete the dish.
To make the croutons, preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Cut six slices of bread into one-inch cubes and arrange on a baking sheet, then drizzle with Teaoli Wild Mushroom & Sage Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and salt to taste, then bake until bread is crispy, turning every few minutes.
2 Tbsp. butter
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 15 oz. cans of pumpkin puree
¼ c. fresh sage, chopped
2 Tbsp. Teaoli Wild Mushroom & Sage Extra Virgin Olive Oil
6 c. low sodium chicken stock
Pumpkin seeds, for garnish
Salt & pepper, to taste
- In an 8-quart stockpot, melt butter and Wild Mushroom & Sage Extra Virgin Olive Oil over medium high heat.
- Add onion and carrot and cook for about five minutes or until the onion is soft, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the garlic and cook about one minute, or until aromatic.
- Add pumpkin puree and chicken stock, bring the mixture to a boil, and sprinkle in fresh sage.
- Reduce to medium heat and simmer for 20 minutes, then turn off the heat.
- Use an immersion blender or food processor to blend the mixture until smooth and thick.
- Season with salt and pepper as desired, top with croutons, pumpkin seeds, and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Olive Oils
- Gift Sets
- Specialty Items