Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake With Honey Ginger Glaze
This bundt cake is everything you want it to be. It's sweet, with incredible depth of flavor, and the glaze has just the right amount of sparkle to make it really special. Pumpkin spice is everywhere in the fall, and we wouldn't have it any other way! This fall-flavored dessert is hard to resist, even for those who don't crave sweets! It's also easy to make as cupcakes for sharing at any harvest season events. Give it a try, we're willing to bet your loved ones will ask you to make it every year!
3 c. all-purpose flour
2 tsp. each of baking soda, baking powder, and ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground ginger
½ tsp. each of ground nutmeg, allspice, and salt
2 c. canned pumpkin
1 c. brown sugar, packed
½ c. honey
1 c. Teaoli Extra Virgin Olive Oil (any varietal will do)
½ c. candied ginger, roughly chopped
1 Tbsp. Teaoli Honey Ginger White Balsamic Vinegar
1. Tbsp. orange juice
½ c. powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Oil and flour a ten-inch bundt pan, or place paper liners in a cupcake pan.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ground ginger, nutmeg, allspice, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the canned pumpkin with sugar and honey.
- Make a well in the flour mixture and add the pumpkin mixture.
- With a wooden spoon, gently stir everything together, then drizzle in the olive oil and add the eggs.
- Fold the flour around the outside of the bowl into the wet ingredients, mixing well until the batter is smooth and creamy. Finally, fold in candied ginger.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan of your choice and bake (50 minutes for cake, 18-20 minutes for cupcakes) until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven, and if necessary, run a knife around the edges of the bundt cake pan, flip onto a serving plate, and let cool.
- In a bowl, whisk together the glaze ingredients until no lumps remain, then drizzle over cooled cake or cupcakes.