Raspberry Walnut Brie
Brie is an incredibly versatile cheese that lends itself well to looking impressive without a lot of effort. It can be confusing at first for people who haven't had it before, but drizzled and doused with some simple, familiar ingredients, it quickly becomes an approachable favorite.
An easy conversation piece at almost any get together, brie has a distinctive white rind under its wrapping and a soft, spreadable texture once heated. Its smooth, creamy texture is consistent, but the notes and flavors will vary according to the type of milk used, the cheese's age, and the manufacturing environment.
This is one of our favorite recipes, and you can use almost any of our flavored balsamic vinegars to modify it! Try it topped with pieces of dried or fresh fruit, some of your favorite seeds, and other varieties of nuts for easy, inspired results. In a pinch, you can also make this dish using your microwave oven -- just microwave the sauce ingredients for 50 seconds and then the brie separately for the same amount of time.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Unwrap brie and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until softened, but not melted.
- In a small saucepan, heat raspberry jam and Raspberry Balsamic Vinegar just to a simmer. Cook 1-2 minutes and remove from heat.
- Remove brie from oven and place in serving dish. Use a toothpick to poke holes in the top of the cheese's rind.
- Slowly pour the raspberry sauce over the top of the cheese round, allowing it to soak into the holes.
- Crumble a few of the crackers into a small bowl. Add walnuts and Organic Butter Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Sprinkle mixture over the brie and press into the raspberry sauce.
- Serve with remaining crackers.
Other delicious balsamic vinegar flavor ideas: Fig, Wild Blueberry, Black Cherry, Strawberry, Pomegranate, and more! Don't be afraid to try new combinations until you find your absolute favorite. If you need help finding a set that compliments each other, come by the store or give us a call and one of us will be happy to help you find an oil and vinegar set that fits perfectly!
- Olive Oils
- Gift Sets
- Specialty Items