Red Apple Pulled Pork
Slow cooker meals are some of the easiest, best ways to get a hearty, nutritious meal ready for the whole family, even when you're all on the go during the busy fall season. This pulled pork is rich and versatile, wonderful on King's Hawaiian rolls with a few pickles or in a bowl all on its own as a comfort food. Teaoli Red Apple Balsamic Vinegar and Persian Lime Extra Virgin Olive Oil team up with a host of other delicious flavors to elevate this tried and true favorite beyond anything you've tasted before!
boneless pork shoulder (5-6 lbs.)
½ c. chicken broth
½ c. honey
½ c. Teaoli Red Apple Balsamic Vinegar
¼ c. Teaoli Persian Lime Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
3 cloves garlic, minced
½ c. onion, diced
2 tsp. chili powder
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. fresh thyme OR ½ tsp. dried thyme
- Trim excess fat from pork shoulder and place it in a slow cooker.
- Combine chicken broth, honey, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and mustard with garlic, onion, chili powder, and thyme, then pour over the pork. Cook on low for eight hours.
- Place cooked pork on a cutting board, shred with two forks, and pile into a large bowl.
- Pour the cooking liquids from the slow cooker into a saucepan over medium high heat.
- Combine cornstarch with two tablespoons of water and whisk the mixture into the sauce, bringing to a low boil and whisking continuously until thickened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Pour over pork as desired, pile onto your favorite bread, and serve.