Skillet Southern Belle Chicken
1½ c. Teaoli Southern Belle Black Tea (or Southern Belle Decaf, if desired)
1¼ lbs. chicken breasts
2 tsp. + 1 Tbsp. Teaoli Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
(Basil, Blood Orange, Butter, Chipotle, Cilantro & Roasted Onion, Garlic, Green Chili, Herbs de Provence, Persian Lime, or Wild Rosemary)
1 sweet yellow onion, thinly sliced
1 Tbsp. minced garlic
3 Tbsp. Teaoli Balsamic Vinegar
(Blushing Apricot, Cara Cara Orange Vanilla, Peach, or Sicilian Lemon)
1-2 sprigs fresh rosemary
1 large or 2 small peaches, sliced into wedges
1. Add Southern Belle Black
Tea to 1½ cups boiling water. Steep for 3-5 minutes, then divide equally into
two containers and let cool.
2. In a large Ziploc bag or bowl, combine half the tea, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, half of the onion, and the chicken breasts. Refrigerate overnight or at least two hours.
3. Heat a large, oven-safe frying pan over medium heat with 2 teaspoons olive oil. Remove chicken from marinade and pat dry with paper towels.
4. Place chicken in the pan, working in batches if needed so as not to crowd the pan, and cook until lightly browned, about two minutes. Flip and cook another two minutes, then remove to a dish and cover with foil.
5. Turn heat down to medium-low and add the remaining olive oil to the pan. Cook remaining onion and garlic 2-3 minutes, then add remaining balsamic vinegar, tea, rosemary sprigs, and salt. Nestle the chicken into the sauce and arrange sliced peaches around it.
6. Bake about 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through to an internal temperature of 165-174° F.
7. Remove rosemary sprigs and discard. Let chicken sit 5 minutes, then serve!
Original Recipe © 2016 Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice by Reeni Pisano.
- Olive Oils
- Gift Sets
- Specialty Items