Sweet Pumpkin Olive Oil Bread
It seems we can't get enough of pumpkin-related recipes this time of year, so here's yet another delicious way to serve up the season's favorite flavor. It's perfect when you want something sweet, but not overwhelmingly rich, and as an added bonus, it makes the whole house smell incredible! It also pairs well with any of our seasonal teas, which are only available for a limited time each year, so pick out your favorite and get to baking -- you won't want to miss a single minute not eating this fantastic autumn dish!
c. all-purpose flour
½ c. whole wheat flour
½ tsp. salt
1 c. granulated sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. ginger
¼ tsp. allspice
1 c. canned pumpkin
½ c. Teaoli Varietal Extra Virgin Olive Oil (any with medium intensity, such as Galega, Gold Medal Picual, or Hojiblanca)
2 large eggs, beaten
¼ c. milk (water may be substituted)
1 Tbsp. Teaoli Vanilla Balsamic Vinegar
½ c. walnuts, chopped
- In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients and rub together with fingers until crumbs form.
- Preheat oven to 350° and coat a 9x5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray or extra virgin olive oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, sugar, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, and allspice.
- In a separate bowl, mix the pumpkin, olive oil, eggs, milk, and balsamic vinegar.
- Add the dry ingredients and combine, being careful not to overmix.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan, sprinkle topping evenly over the surface of the loaf.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan for five minutes, remove, and finish cooling on a drying rack before serving.
- Olive Oils
- Gift Sets
- Specialty Items