Tea Braised Chicken Thighs
Photo and recipe adapted from Honey & Birch.
1 Tbsp. Teaoli Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Butter, Garlic, Herbs de Provence, Wild Mushroom & Sage, or Wild Rosemary)
2 lbs. bone-in chicken thighs, skin/fat trimmed
Salt and pepper to taste
1 Tbsp. butter
2 tsp. minced garlic
2 Tbsp. flour
2 tsp. Teaoli Black Tea (Black Dragon, Darjeeling, Earl Grey Supreme, Golden Treasure Yunnan, Paris, Organic Ceylon, or Vanilla Decaf)
12 oz. water
16 oz. carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
8 oz. Cipolline or pearl onions, peeled
3 sprigs thyme
3 springs rosemary
1. Follow package directions to brew tea properly if instructions differ from the following: Bring water to a boil and add tea leaves in a strainer or diffuser. Steep 3-4 minutes, remove and discard tea leaves.
2. Heat a skillet over medium-high head and add olive oil. Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper on both sides.
3. When oil is hot, place chicken thighs in the pan skin side down and sear until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes.
4. Flip the thighs and sear the other side until golden brown, another 3-4 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
5. Add butter to your pan, scraping up any chicken that might have stuck. Add garlic and sautee for a minute, then add flour and stir well to create a roux.
5. Add tea to the roux and bring to a rolling boil. Add chicken, skin side down, then add carrots and onions. Season, then place rosemary and thyme sprigs on the chicken.
6. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and let cook for 30 minutes. Flip the chicken and cook for an additional 30 minutes. Serve with rice or keep with the theme by making Vanilla Black Tea Rice Pilaf.
- Olive Oils
- Gift Sets
- Specialty Items